Multilingual information on the area of education in Oita
【Who may need support in studying the Japanese language?】
- Students who entered school before they have reached sufficient Japanese language proficiency.
- Students who may require more time to fit into school life because they have been raised in different cultural norms.
- Students who are proficient in day-to-day conversation, but struggle with classroom material because they are unfamiliar with academic language.
- Students who do not receive learning support at home because their guardians are not proficient in the Japanese language.
Coming soon: study materials and information concerning school admission for children whose first language is not Japanese.
Efforts around Oita
Receiving Children of Returning Expats and Children of Foreign Nationalities (Oita Prefecture Board of Education)
School Admission Guide (composed by the Oita City; available in English, Korean, Chinese and Japanese)
Japanese Language Classrooms for children in Oita
|Name of classroom||Event date||Time||Cost||Contact||Responsible|
|Every Saturday||14：00-15：50||500 JPY per month||097-527-2614|
|B-biz LINK BIP||On Saturdays|
(Twice a month)
|13：45-15：15||Free of charge||0977-23-1119|
- Oita City…Children of foreign nationalities on the Oita City’s residence registry shall receive education in elemetary, junior high, senior high or compulsory education schools.
- Procedures for Receiving Children of Foreign Nationalities, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- School Admission Guidebook for Children of Foreign Nationalities, MEXT
- Miyagi International Association (MIA)…Site for multilingual information
- Sendai Tourism, Covention and International Association …Guide to receiving and teaching non-Japanese children or children of returning expatriates
- Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR)…Correspondencn by various coutries and local governmental bodies
- Hyogo International Association (HIA)…Study material for native languages
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)…Support for study-abroad students
- University Consortium Oita…Support for study-abroad students