Oita has reported dispersed cases of COVID-19 infection up until this point. On Oct 17, however, a cluster has occurred through a group dining session where alcoholic beverages were served. The scope of infection has since spread further when one of the infected patients dined with another group on Oct 18.
Based on these premises, the Oita Prefecture would like to remind residents to remain vigilant when dining out with others.
1. Plan out seating arrangements
・Share a table with four people or less
・Space out the tables amply
・Sit while facing each other diagonally (as opposed to face-to-face)
2. Avoid talking loudly, as well as speaking in crowded and close-contact settings.
3. Wear a mask if you wish to speak in a dining facility.
4. Do not share cups, chopsticks or other eating utensils with your companions.
5. Confirm the details of all participants.
・We encourage the installation of COCOA (COVID-19 Contact Confirming Application).